Wednesday, January 9, 2013

{For the Littles} Little Dude Swag

 Okay, if we are being honest, I have no idea what "swag" really means. Tori tells me that Knox has swag. Okay, thanks? I don't even know if I used it in the right context in the title of this post. So now that we've gotten that out of the way (and you've all gotten a good laugh at how little I know about cool sayings), here is my post for the day!




We live in the south. Deep East Texas, to be exact. Most people dress their littles in very classic clothes. Now, don't get me wrong...I think everyone else's children look adorable in their smocked and seer sucker preciousness. However, it was just never my style. I am about as far from traditional as it gets.

When I found out we were having a boy, I began the search for "little man" clothes. H&M quickly became a favorite. Depending on the store, they have a great selection of kids clothes at amazing prices! Jessica and I go to Vegas twice a year for market and I always stock up while we are there because the one in the Forum Shops at Caesar's has the best selection I've found! Second best is the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood (just thought I'd throw that out there in case you are in need of little man clothes and are planning a Vegas trip in the near future...).

I refuse to spend a lot of money on clothes for Knox because he outgrows them so quickly or ruins them the first time he wears them. I shop consignment sales, clearance racks, storewide sales, TJ Maxx, etc. I will almost never pass up a good deal!

I loved the outfit he wore to church last Sunday (yes, my child wears jeans to church) and I thought it was too cute not to post!

My go-to jeans (thanks to friend, Ginia) are the Old Navy skinnies for boys. I usually get them for about $12 a pair. Old Navy is one place I refuse to pay full price for ANYTHING because it is almost guaranteed to be on sale a few days later. The oatmeal heather tee is from the sale section of Baby Gap (here). The green puffer vest is from the clearance rack at Target. I think I paid about $10 for it. Knox has TINY feet. Seriously, tiny. Most kids his age are in a 5+ shoe. Not Knox. He's in a 3. Yep, 3. And he JUST moved up to that about three weeks ago. I have a giant child with tiny feet. It's okay to laugh. So needless to say, it's a little hard to find shoes for him. He typically wears Toms. I found these adorable suede penny loafers on sale at Baby Gap (here) and had to have them. Jessica swears they look like girl shoes. But then she decided that maybe it was his petite feet that are girly. If by petite she means short and fat, then maybe. Either way, I think the shoes are adorable!

So there you have it, some little dude swag for those of you who are a little less traditional! The picture at the top was the best I could get of the outfit actually ON him. But notice he's playing on his toddler table from this post. You may also notice that there is no longer a chair with the table. That's because it's hidden. Knox seems to think it is for him to use to climb onto the table. And I wonder why my hair is turning gray...

-tp.



No comments:

Post a Comment