Monday, January 21, 2013

{14 Days of Valentines} Chevron Heart Printable


Today, we are kicking of our 14 Days of Valentines. We are so excited to share this with you! Our theme for Valentine's Day this year is "You are Loved." We will have 14 posts leading up to Valentine's Day, each with this theme in mind. What better day to start than one in honor of an inspirational man who said, "I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." (It's MLK Day, y'all.)


None of us care much for Valentine's Day. Tori will tell you more about this in another post, but we think it is very a commercialized holiday that tends to make singles feel unloved. For as long as I can remember in our family, we have celebrated February 14th as "Buy a New Pair of Shoes Day." This year we want EVERYONE to remember how loved you our by our Heavenly Daddy, who loves us always and without condition.

Clayton and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. I told him the first year we were together that I hated Valentine's Day and refused to recognize it as a holiday. So we usually just go about our business. For the last couple of years the big apparel market that Jessica and I attend, MAGIC, has fallen on Valentine's Day. So I've spent my February 14th with my sister in Vegas. I think one year we ate at Denny's? Clayton and I haven't been together on Valentine's Day since we've been married. This year, market is a week later. So, I gave in and bought him a little something (seriously babe, I know you're reading this. It cost less than $5). It is just a funny little something.

This year I want to start being more positive and really start "sharing the love." I want to make a point of letting people know how much Jesus loves them. It doesn't matter if you are married, engaged, just started dating, or have been single your whole life. YOU. ARE. LOVED.

It took me a long time to get to the point where I was ready to let someone get close enough to even think about getting married. Of course, Clayton broke through all of those barriers (the ones that had steadily become thicker and heavier over the course of a few years) in a few short weeks. God knew what he was doing. He always has a plan. And he loved me through every single up and down, whether I recognized and accepted it or not. It doesn't matter where you are in your life. He loves you, He loves you, He loves you.

I created this printable for myself, and wanted to share it with you. I put it on my kitchen counter as a daily reminder that it is because of Him that I am able to give AND receive love. Every time I look at it, I am reminded to thank Jesus for loving me and to share that love with others. Buy it, print it, and put it somewhere that you will see it every day. I plan to leave mine up through the end of February. From this year forward, I want to will make February my month to share the love. It's not about Valentine's Day. It's about love.

Here is the PayPal link to purchase. All sizes are only $8!

Snag a half off frame at Hobby Lobby, and you've got a great under $20 gift! Enjoy, and remember that you are loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment