Wednesday, February 6, 2013

{14 Days of Valentines} Day 7: Happy Singles Awareness!

With all this talk about Valentines Day, it's a constant reminder to all the single people that we are.. well.. single! When I was in school, my parents sent me a lovely care package for Valentines Day. It was filled with candy, a sweet card, a little cash, and at the very bottom there was this...
thanks mom and dad.


When you are single, the hardest thing to remember is that you loved. If you have been reading through our posts lately, knowing that you are loved has been a common theme. Obviously, this is not the easiest concept to grasp. Trust me.. I have been single for a while and will continue to be single for at least another 2.5 years. I have had friends get engaged and married and some starting their family. I am over here all single and leaving the country. Not at all to say that I don't love my life.. because I do. But this contentment of being single did not come overnight. Being single has been a blessing. That's right... I just said that being single is a blessing. If I were not single, would I really be moving to Madagascar?  God has great plans for our lives even if we can't see them just yet.  

I wish there was an easy step by step instruction book on how to be single, but sadly there isn't. It is a daily battle to be joyful and content where you are in life. All throughout the bible, there are displays of God's love for his children. The verse that everyone knows, John 3:16, "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." If this isn't the greatest display of love from God, I don't know what is. Romans 8:37-39 says that nothing can separate us from God's love. There are too many verses to list about how much God loves us!

And now for a little single humor...

Remember you are loved!
blessings.
Tori




   

No comments:

Post a Comment