Sunday, February 3, 2013

{14 Days of Valentines} Day Five: Love in Unexpected Places

I have been wanting to post about this little guy for some time, and with our 14 Days of Valentines, tonight just seemed to be the right time.  This is E.  He was my student last year, and over the summer, he became more a part of the family.  We get the blessing of him spending most weekends with us, and he tugs at our hearts as we do life together.  Now, take into account, I'm a G.G. to an amazing little man who is 13 mos old.  So E coming into our lives is not exactly what we would see ourselves doing at our age.  We live in a 50+ community, for Pete's sake!  Our neighbors are very kind to welcome our weekend "stowaway", though.

He and I were talking about the blog {actually, he was playing games on the computer, I was thinking aloud about posts, and he looked at me and said, "Are you talking to me?"}  So I showed him what we have posted already, and talked about what else we might need. I told him the theme was God  loves us.  He decided that he needed to make a card and cookies for his teacher who is having a baby, to let her know that God loves her baby.  Ok, so I could just end here.  Message delivered!  But he's just too cute not to share more.  When we started talking about making Valentine's cookies, he remembered his teacher can't have sweets.  I asked what we might do instead and he replied, "I don't know, maybe a protein bar?"
So there you have it.  A ten year old's version of sharing God's love:
  Telling a baby that God made her and loves her.  And a protein bar for her mommy.

E faces challenges in life that most of us cannot even fathom.  But in the midst of chaos and crisis, this precious child simply wants to be loved and share love. 
Jesus tells us in Matthew 22: 37-40 that the two most important things we can do are to love God and love others.  Simple enough for a child, surely simple enough for us!

Remember you are loved.

He makes beautiful things!
Y.










No comments:

Post a Comment