Sunday, February 10, 2013

{14 Days of Valentines} Day Ten: A new pair of shoes? Why yes, please!

Hi there! The "buy yourself a new pair of shoes day" that Tyler mentioned in her previous post actually came about because of me! We aren't big fans of Valentine's Day, mostly because it can make single people feel incredibly unloved. I have been there! One year while I was in college I had a major break down on Valentine's Day. I saw all of the gifts that friends had received from family or boyfriends and it just made me feel incredibly left out. I called my Mom crying and blamed it on her because she didn't send me anything. Yes, I understand that was incredibly pitiful and selfish.

I knew that I didn't need the gifts or to feel loved by a boyfriend, but sometimes just knowing isn't enough. What I really needed to do was draw close to Jesus and take comfort in the fact that He had a much greater plan for me than to have a boyfriend on Valentine's Day! Needless to say the next year and from then on my sweet Mom sent me something for Valentine's Day. She found a card that said to celebrate buy yourself a new pair of shoes day and she put money inside (even better!). From that day forward, I went shopping for a new pair of shoes on Valentine's Day. I may or may not have a sick addiction to shoes so this holiday is perfect for me! If you shop frugally, you can get two pair of shoes for what you would have spent on a boyfriend or husband! Now, I'm not saying that shopping for a new pair of shoes solves the loneliness that some people feel, but I am saying that you should own who you are and be kind to yourself every so often!

So here is a photo documentary of our shoe finding adventure in Target:



Of course we had to try on lots of shoes before we decided.

Mom really loves shopping with us aka holding our stuff.




 I found these at Target and I am obsessed so naturally I chose them as my Valentine's shoes.

 All of our final selections. Can you tell we have incredibly different styles?!
And there we are! So excited about our new shoes and loving spending such great (loud) family time in Target!


And as always, I want to remind you that you are beautiful and you are LOVED.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment