Tuesday, December 18, 2012

{Fashion} The sick day outfit.


Today I had to share what I wore yesterday because it was as comfortable as sweatpants, but a bit more appropriate for venturing into public! As you may have guessed from the title... I took a sick day yesterday. Unfortunately, I caught the dreaded bug making its way through every home in the area and needed an extra day to recover. Poor, pitiful me. Naturally on a sick day you want to wear the most comfy, least clingy outfit in your closet. I chose this navy and white striped boat neck tee from old navy (currently on sale), Old Navy black leggings, B.O.C. two-toned brown boots, rustic deer necklace and earrings from Blithe.




Okay, so I understand some of you are cringing because I'm wearing black, navy, AND brown all in one rule breaking outfit! I have to admit I used to be one of those rule followers. "Black and brown makes you frown." Then I realized that I can wear whatever I want! That's how we approach fashion in our family. You are who you are and your clothes should reflect you and your opinion on what's in style. If I love the way it looks, then that is ALL that matters!  So rejoice in your new found freedom to mix your neutrals, especially on a sick day. It will bring you great joy and coziness! And always remember, God crafted us perfectly according to His plans for us so give Him glory by being confident and loving every aspect of who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment