Friday, December 14, 2012

Hi, there!

Welcome to The Creative Collaborative! We are a mom and three daughters with a few different self-proclaimed talents. We have been all over the place, but are currently all living in small town Lufkin, Texas. Between the four of us, we are a little bit good at a lot of things. This is our story: our projects, our businesses, our everyday lives. This is a place for us to file away everything and share it with you! Here is a little bit about each of us.

As a mom to three girls, my life has been a whirlwind of activity, drama, and hormones.  But I wouldn't have it any other way! Without their very patient and well grounded dad, we would be spinning out of control on a daily basis.  We all know he keeps us centered on the most important part of our lives which is our life in Christ.  My loves are my family (including a pretty spectacular grandson) and our home.  My passion is to feather our nest(s) with memories and traditions.  Creativity and thriftiness run through our veins, passed down from my grandmother, to my mother, then to me, and now my girls.  My real job (the one that earns a real paycheck) is teaching second grade and loving on kids.  My other job (hobby) is giving forgotten pieces of furniture a second chance.


I am the oldest of three daughters in our amazingly dysfunctional family. I am absolutely my mother's daughter: the good, the bad and the ugly (ask my husband). I am, most of all, a follower of Jesus. I am wife to Clayton, my kindergarten love (okay, so maybe I didn't know I loved him in kindergarten), and we are the parents to a difficult perfect one year old rough and tumble boy, Knox. I have an unhealthy obsession with: color, reading, spray paint, rearranging my house, trendy clothes for Knox and garage sale/thrift store shopping. I am as ADD as they come and procrastination is my strong suit. I studied Visual Communications at The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles, I love fashion and am living out my dream owning Blithe Boutique with sister #2. In a dream world I would be: boutique owner/event planner/furniture re-finisher/supermom/graphic designer. Instead, I just do a little of each. Except maybe supermom. I haven't quite nailed that one down.
Hey y'all! So I'm the middle child in this wonderfully weird family. What do you get when you combine a small portion of my Mother's creative, whirlwind, imaginative personality and a large dose of my Dad's type A, business oriented, touchingly emotional personality? Well me, of course! First and foremost I find my identity in Jesus Christ my savior! I am accidentally creative, completely practical/analytical, and wildly emotional! I absolutely love clothes, shoes, painting my nails and mastering quick-n-easy hairstyles. I attended Kilgore College as a Rangerette for 2 years and then I transferred to Texas A&M (Whoop!) where I graduated with an RPTS degree (look it up...best. major. ever.). I currently have my dream job of Co-owning and running a small boutique with my lovely sister, Tyler.


I am the youngest sister out of the bunch and unlike my mom and sisters, my creativity does not come in the form of furniture or fashion! To be able to tell you about me, I first need to tell you my foundation is Jesus. My life is a perfect mix of chaos and adventure. I am occasionally a Bible college student at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. Occasional meaning... I went for a semester. I will eventually graduate from Moody with a degree in International Ministries. Graduation date? Well, that's to be determined. My college career started as a college soccer player and now I am studying to be a missionary. Specifically, a missionary to Africa's unreached. My heart beats for Africa. I am in love with the people and culture. Last year, I spent my summer living in an orphanage in Jinja, Uganda. Now, I am moving to Madagascar for 2.5 years to spread the gospel to the Sakalava people of Nosy Be. Looking forward to updating you from my little island home starting in April!  

No comments:

Post a Comment